cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

6.0 Powerstroke Mileage

For those of you who have these what do you get for MPG's. I'm getting about 16 MPG, I have never gotten great mileage but had a guy tell me it should be better. I know the horror stories on these but mine has been pretty trouble free.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nitefarm
Advisor

Re: 6.0 Powerstroke Mileage

55000 miles money spent on engine 7500.00 they should be sued! That is about what I get when I drive it.

0 Kudos
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: 6.0 Powerstroke Mileage Nitefarm

I'm assuming injectors and head gaskets. My nephew has has to do all the injectors and head gasket twice. What a hunk

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

my experience also, same mileage and cost------------and fuel mileage.  Stopped buying GMC.

0 Kudos
onebigbyrd
Veteran Contributor

i get nearly 14 with a f350 weighs about 9900.  navistar should be held resonsible for all the trouble this  junkie engine has caused. it has to be worse than any engine made unless it was the 5.7 olds diesel. if a person does the egr delete kit and puts head studs in place of bolts its elimenates a lot of problebs

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Nothing to add about the 6.0, but what about the new 6.7? I got one in December, and it seems really good....fuel economy anywhere from about 12 pulling a load into the wind to 21 with low speeds and no load. and quiet....hard to tell it is a diesel!!!

0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Just was wondering, why you quit buying GMC...if a Ford 6.0 liter diesel was causing you trouble? I'm a little confused.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

not happy with either one.  We had similar issues with both.  Injectors at 55k and $7500.  The story was the same. We have moved on.  Neither one is worth their pricetags.

0 Kudos
huserag
Contributor

We just took ours on a trip and got 17.8 mpg. Around home 13 to 16 depending on load.

0 Kudos