cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Advise on buying a cordless grease gun

Might be a brand issue Husker, I've got a Lincoln that I use for everything. I can hear every time the gun pumps and injects another shot of grease. Wouldn't go back to a manual gun unless I'm forced, but I've always got one with me in case the electric gun fails.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I had a couple lincoln 12 volts. Bought new about 10 years ago. Gear reduction locked up in one. Handle and trigger assembly broke off the other. Took the two and made one and used it for awhile. Had a hard time keeping batteries in working condition. Bought new ones, they were dead in a few years.
I've since gotten a Milwaukee on the M12 platform. Along with a drill, impact wrench, baby sawzall, and a rotary tool that all take the same batteries. I have 30 amp, 120v service on my truck, but some things are just handy without a cord or hose following you around. Had used 24v dewalt equip out of my service truck for years, but these light weight red tools have power and convenience.
The grease gun will run about 3 tubes on a single small battery and it has feet on it too. When laying under a disc or something low to the ground, you always want to hold the hose on the zerk with one hand while leaning on the other and pulling the trigger. This is how I broke a handle on a Lincoln. The feet on the Milwaukee gives you a solid platform to lean on while pumping. Little things like this make a big difference to me. Many tools using the same battery is dam handy as well.
To each their own, but I've found a set of tools here that I really like.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I got a Milwalkee M12 back in Decenber, so havn't used it alot yet. Really like it so far though. I agree about the feet and being stable.  Patrick

0 Kudos
SCREBroker
Friend

http://www.gearsolutions.com/article/detail/5580/safety-tips-for-handling-industrial-lubricants

Be careful when using pressurized lubricants.  They are great tools, especially when greasing large attachments, just take proper precautions.  

0 Kudos