cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sundowner
Contributor

Re: Anything homemade.

Also built this years ago but sold it as we went to drilling beans. Needed to have a boom then without wheels so that is when I built the green wheeless sprayer. This one had a tandem walking axle, 750 gallon crop care tank, 60' double fold boom. It was made in our shop. We did follow along from another sprayer but didn't like that design as it was too wide to go down the road so we narrowed the main frame and then that made it a little higher in the air when folded but we used it for many years.

145iF353502AEAF8EE46

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I made a frame to pull two 3 pt hitch wheel rakes.  It worked well but I couldn't make it fold without spending way to much money.  I also converted a NH3 applicator to a ground driven 28% applicator.  My biggest project was to make a hitch and  lift assemble to convert my 12 foot 3pt Aer-way to  pull type.  I also love  Farm  Show,  if I had more time I would do a lot more.

0 Kudos
littlestarterfarmer
Frequent Contributor

James, its fine you feel this way, but why the need to reflect your negative views to others, i think it would have been simple enough to just tell us what you have built and move on.

I have built a 20' livestock trailer, a 10 bale round bale goosenck trailer, a gooseneck nurse tank trailer, many corrals and gates, also a couple bale spears. I can save alot money building it myself. Its also a pride thing. I have had several people tell me those trailers look like they came from a manufacturing plant with such good quality, they are also built more rugged to last longer.

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Advisor

Deere - I paid my money and got my first edition of the mag you recommended.  Good reading and lots of inventions.  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Senior Contributor

Glad you like it Colin. I`ve got a junker 4400 combine I`m figuring on using the axle on a homemade sprayer. Thinking of buying a new Demco boom, I like their design best, maybe 600 gal tank, we`ll see. One day I`ll see your projects in "Farm Show"  Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos