cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Ask a stupid question.

With the retail cost of a Trible 500 EZ Steer around $8,500 over here, how is it the genuine item in the Trible box is sold on e bay for around $3,000. Same thing, T2, the lot.  What is going on?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
nwobcw
Advisor

Re: Ask a stupid question.

I have no idea but I do know 1 thing...   My 25 y.o. son is always on ebay buying stuff.   Everything from clothes to snowmobile parts.  Like you, the prices he pays are unbelievable.  There must be a heck of a mark up at the retail level to maintain a storefront.  This could be a reason why so many stores are sitting empty since the recession.  I know the UPS and FedEx drivers pretty well.

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I sometimes wonder if these things are stolen or whatever but if that were the case, Trimble say, would be on to it immediately.

Surely the likes of trimble must feel slightly smug about ripping people off.  It has got me beat.

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

new trimble is $4000. shipping and handling to oz is $4000.

0 Kudos
siloguy
Frequent Contributor

Make sure it isn't a knockoff made in China. I bet I could ship one to you for a whole lot less than $4000, heck, I think I could hand deliver it and enjoy a bit of sun down under! Has to beat this ice and thundersnow we got yesterday!

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Mate, I am aware of what you say.  It comes in the Trimble box,bells and whisltes etc. I guess I will have to wait and see.  As for that hitty weather you guys get, I had my share of it when last there, you can keep that.  Snot freezing on my nose, aching joints and freezing cold legs.  Enjoy.

0 Kudos