cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosteer

I farm around 700 acres alone. I would like to get a autosteer for my planting tractor. I have a local Trimble dealer what system do you guys suggest? I do not need sub inch RTK . Also can i take the unit from one to another tractor?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Autosteer

Trimble is a good system. As far as the system, do you want a True GPS that steers the the tractor, or just a light bar that you steer according to. They have a base model i think it runs in the 3 grand range, have to check for sure. It includes a 3.5 inch display and lightbar, but it can't be upgraded, for just a little bit more you can get a fully upgradeable model. Upgradeable i mean you can get higher accuracy if you wanted or instead of a light bar you could upgrade to a wheel steer GPS or a fully integradable hydralic steer control. All depends on how fancy you want to get in the future. You can move the unit from one tractor to another, youll just want to have a connection already hardwired into each tractor so that can easily be disconnected and connected.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I use the J.D. Greenstar unit with the SF1 signal. It runs about 8 thousand depending on whats available used. For a subscription fee you can go to the SF-2 signal which is 4 inch accuracy. I know guys that have trimble and like it. You'll want to make sure you have all the harnesses in other tractors if you want to interchange. If you have that it takes about 3 minutes.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I'm thinking of autosteer as well.  I have Ag Leader so may go that route. I don't have much advice to offer.  CORS works if you can get it.  That is RTK accuracy at a lower cost.

Trimble also has a good reputation.   

0 Kudos