cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best tractor you never owned NE Farmer

The best one I never had was never made. It would have had the transmission of a Magnum for its reliability and ease of use, an air-cooled Deutz engine of around 200 hp. for their reliability and fuel economy, Michelin radials all around, probably 34-38s on front and 46-54s on the back, an air ride seat in the cab with climate control that works, like my dodge minivan and a good radio (not the cheap crap they stick in tractors)  with I pod port, little or no computers, DEF or egr on the engine, sound level like a big Buick inside, even when you are working the snot out of it, and places to store map, pencils, phones, and lunch and cup holders so they are not all mixed together after hitting the first woodchuck hole. And maybe a handwashing station, how many times have you greased or adjusted something out in the field and got back in the cab with clean hands?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Best tractor you never owned

We have the handwash station on ours. We have a bottle of hand cleaner in the toolbox, and went to walmart and got a water jug (like you put in the fridge for filling up with tap water) and strapped it down to the front weights. It is on the side of the steps on another. Also have one on the planter service trailer, and the repair truck. It's surprising how often we do use them for cleaning hands, washing parts, and cooling after using a torch.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

One time, Castrol used to make a waterless, towell-less hand cleaner, and it worked pretty darn good.  You'd goop some in your hands, and after a minute or two of scrubbing, it would basically dry out, fall off, and take the grease with it.   I haven't seen it around lately, though.

However, if you have room in the cab, these work great, but do leave just a bit of a 'soapy' residue, unless you wipe your hands off with a paper towel, or rinse them off with a little water. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Soapy residue is probably not quite as bad as those gear oil and grease fingerprints on your lunch!

0 Kudos