cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

DMI coulter champ Disc Chisel

I upgraded the old 2 + 2 this year to a cat challenger 55 . Now, my DMI 9 shank coulter champ is a little bitty tinker toy behind the kitty kat.  I really like the job it does...I hate to deal it away.  I'm thinking if I could find some disc assemblies and shanks, I could increase its size and make the passes a little more worth while.  Any one out there have any sources for those kind of parts used?  Perhaps someone has gone the other way and bought a larger tool and pared it down and has some parts in the shed somehwere.  Any help appreciated.  Thnx to all.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: DMI coulter champ Disc Chisel

Some if not most chisels and field cultivators seem to increase size by bolting on more frame and adding shanks so I think it could be done easily. Then again it may be easier and even cheaper to trade for a bigger one.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: DMI coulter champ Disc Chisel

The existing frame would accept 2 more shanks and disc assemblies, just need them and the bolts. In my old gumbo, thinking that would be enough for a while.  Been looking into trading, so far no one wants to give much for the coulter champ.

0 Kudos