cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Diesel Biocide Bug Killer?

Anyone have any experience with the additive designed to kill microbes, fungus, whatever it is in diesel fuel?  Does it worki?  Is it useful?  Is one better than another?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Diesel Biocide Bug Killer?

I hate to say this Jim - But YES I have experience with this - I had a BIG problem with my wifes 4960 - BIG problem - don't know how it started in only one tractor and no others - but what a pain - would go threw 3 inline filters a day in busy season - add bug killer from deere - but just could not get rid of it - drained tank - high pressure sprayed it out - had Shelby County Co-op stop by and refill the tank and add there bug juice - driver told me to let it sit for a week then start it up and let it run to get the bug juice threw all the lines + return lines - then I let it sit there for a month - This harvest ?????????????? changed one at the start and now -- hopefully it is now bug free !  So yes - I think there is a difference in produces . I can get the name of what I used from co-op if you wish .

k

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I'd like the name.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

My only experience with the bug. It was a tractor that the tank was easily removed so i then poured a gallon of paint reducer into tank. To my surprise that gray black sludge washed right out. Now remember i said the tank was out so i could flip it around. Be careful if your tank is plastic as i have no idea if paint reducer might react with the plastic.

0 Kudos