cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

EZ Steer settings for CIH 9xxx 4wd

I farm in complicated terrain and the the ez steer 'almost' works. If you have a successful set up for 91xx-93xx tractor I'd really like to figure out if they would be an improvement over mine. TheEZ Guide clearly paints a reasonable path. Keeping the EZ Steer from wandering is another matter. I'm certainly not using the recommended setting procedure because tehy don't work, and I notice Agleader had a 'cheat sheet' on recommended settings that are pretty arbitrary - but work up to a point. I finally set the antenna on the nose of the tractor out of frustration and it helped a lot. I'm just quite sure there are other solutions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Advisor

Re: EZ Steer settings for CIH 9xxx 4wd

Are you using WAAS or RTK or RTX or what?  My only experience with autosteer involves a Trimble 750 RTX, but playing with light bars for a couple years using WAAS I know there are differernt levels of accuracy in each system.  By the way, don't ask what all the letters mean.  I just know RTK is more accurate than RTX, which is tons more accurate than WAAS.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I'm just using Waas for now. The mapping and painting and guidance paths seem more than adequate. It's getting the settings so it will follow an AB line - or any path smoothly that's the issue. Until I can get that the other systems probably wouldn't be much of an improvement. I'm just finishing up the spraying with an 80' sprayer and i have a fairt amount of margin with that for now.

I actually had a great improvement yesterday and had very good results going north/south up and down a slope after I changes the setting for antenna location. So I'm getting close. Engaging the EZ Steer on the guidance path after a turn in this hilly steep terrain is sort of hit and miss. I'm guessing comparing settings with other 4wd setups will give me a few more clues. Too much to do on steep hillsides so nudging using the screen requires too much attention for now.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I  have been using the trimble on my 9280 for years and have had to play with the settings lots i have it within 2" on waas what screen do you have maybe i `can give some of my set`tings

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I have the EZ Guide 500. Would really be interested in your settings.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner as I have been off working my off farm job. I have taken pictures of all the settings pages I can email them to you if you want or I can list the major ones that make the big difference.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Find a good dealer with the settings and the expertise you need.  The EZsteer needs to have aggressive settings to get to the line, and then switch to a less aggressive one while on line.  A competent dealer should be able to help, even with WAAS on a 500.  Reply back if you are in Norhter Illinois and need a helpful dealer's name. If not, have your dealer contact someone at Trimble customer support for help. I would be much less far along as I am had I not prodded my dealer to get the answers to the questions I have

0 Kudos