cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheFastMan
Frequent Contributor

Engine rebuild manuals?

I'm in the process of putting the motor back together for my JD 2020 and I've kind of run into a snag. We only took the motor down so far before the sent if off to the machine shop (pretty much gutted it except for the timing gears, cam, balancers, crank, etc.). We wanted them to properly mark the gears so it would be easier to time. I'm putting the front engine plate back on and since the shop took it apart, I'm not 100% sure on how to put it back on. I printed some parts diagrams off of Deere's website that are somewhat helpful and I have an I&T shop manual, but it isn't as in depth as I want. Is there any kind of specific engine overhaul manual out there that would give me the information I need on reassembling it? I have a friend helping me that is knowledgable on motors, but he hasn't done a Deere motor like this before, and I want to be 100% sure everything is done right before it leaves the shop. Any direction is appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Re: Engine rebuild manuals?

I use a parts book with illustrations for some of what you're doing, but won't guarantee it gives all the procedures.

0 Kudos