cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gehl 6635 skid loader hydro malfunction ????

Right side wants to not respond to controls.  Not every time, but as often as not.  After shutting off, it will usually return to normal.  Servos and valves appear to be ok.  Will sometimes release on its own, usually with a bit of a jerk.  Anybody have any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Re: Gehl 6635 skid loader hydro malfunction ????

I have a Case skid steer, not a Gehl, so I don't know for sure if you have the same type of setup or not, so take it for what it's worth.

On the linkage to the hydro, there is a linkage piece to the hydro control that is centered in a slotted hole connecting it to the next linkage by two springs.  The link to the hydro unit itself is connected to what looks like a miniature shock absorber.  The purpose of this spring-loaded linkage & shock absorber setup is to take the 'jerk' out of the controls if the skid steer starts to hobby-horse or hop.  If a spring gets broken, out of adjustment, or the shock absorber thing gets 'sticky' you get the sort of symptoms you described.  A broken or out of adjustment spring is easy to find, a bad shock absorber (I think they call it a 'control dampener') is harder to find.  You more or less have to move the levers with the engine off, and look for rough action, or remove it, and check it in a vise.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Re: Gehl 6635 skid loader hydro malfunction ????

Thanks for the info.  The gehl is a little different in the controls, but not significantly.  There is no control dampener that I am aware of.  The hydro pump has been removed and sent off for service.  The view of the service people is that it is probably in the servo controls, not a simple easy fix, but not major either.

Thanks for your reply, all help appreciated.

0 Kudos