cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Great Plains YP Planters

Anyone know the difference between a YP1225 & YP30 Great Plains planters  Would a 1987 vintage CIH Magnum tractor have the required hydraulics to operate either of them?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tarheel farmer
Contributor

Re: Great Plains YP Planters

Shaggy, 

I can only speak from experience with my planter, Great Plains YP625A twin row. It has a 6" hydraulic fan that just supplies air to the 12 seed meters. I have a JD 7630 tractor that I plant with. I have the hydraulic flow for the fan set at 3 gpm. That flow gives me enough air pressure for both corn and soybeans.

The YP 1225 uses a 8" hydraulic fan for both the seed metering and seed delivery. Im not sure what size fan the YP 30 uses but it could be the 8" also. Depending on row configuration I would think the 8" fan wouldn't need any more than double the flow of the 6".  You would have to add in hydraulic flow for lifting and row markers if you use them.

A GP dealer or rep. should be able to give you the actual hydraulic requirements of these planters. Or you can do like I did when I was researching planters and go on the GP website and you can down load the operators manual for each model planter. It had the hydraulic requirements for my planter

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Great Plains YP Planters

Thanks tarheel, might be a winter project.
0 Kudos