cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

High wheel string trimmer

Have any of you used a high wheeled string trimmer?  I want to mow a very steep bank that I'm trying to get planted with shrubs and bushes but which needs to be mowed until they start growing well.

I'm thinking string trimmer as something lighhter to maneuver than a mower.  I also have some road banks that I'd like to mow with a light machine. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: High wheel string trimmer

My dad got one when his back started to bother him.  In my opinion, if you don't have a bad back, a regular hand-held trimmer works better for trimming around things.  Where the high-wheeled one is better is for larger areas too steep for a regular mower, or places with rocks or stuff that will dull a mower blade.  Now, where it really shines is for brush cutting.  With the proper blade, it will zing though 2-3 inch brush like a hot knife through butter.  We used it quite a bit to clear cedar trees up to 4-5 inces in diameter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: High wheel string trimmer

my mother in law gave me her dr trimmer and i hate it. seems as if you are always crouched down in a weird stance and makes me tired from using it but it is one of the 1st dr trimmers

0 Kudos