cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DW46

How do I clean the condenser on my 1440 IH? Air is not doing it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Advisor

Re: How do I clean the condenser on my 1440 IH? Air is not doing it.

..are you talking about the condenser mounted at the radiator? And air is not blowing the particulates out from between the fins? As far as I know...there's only a couple options. One is taking the condensor out...and soaking it (I believe there are solutions specifically made for this, possibly just tri-sodium phosphate) and then rinsing with water...or leaving it in and "VERY" carefully using a pressure washer..making sure you are aligned with the fins to blow it out. I've pressure washed mine a couple times...and haven't bent over the fins yet..but I've never done one in a 1440....

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You need to be very careful not to bend the fins if you use a power washer.  If you have a gas powered one, some can be throttled down, and some may have an adjustable relief valve to turn the pressure down. 
An alternative, that works good, but takes a lot of time is a garden hose.  Wet it down, let it soak, then wet it down.  This works well when you are doing something else in the shop.  Letting it soak softens the stuff between the fins.  You can speed up the process a bit by using compressed air in between water from the hose.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

we use spray carb. cleaner . works great.

0 Kudos