cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Reader

IH 800 planter marker

When I finished planting my marker control was acting up. When I raised the planter on the end the marker control would switch but when I would let the planter down it would switch back sometimes more than once. I tried to let the hydraulic lever down easy that didn't help. Sometimes I could change it back to the proper marker and sometimes I would end up with both markers down. Any ideas what the problem might be?  Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor

Re: IH 800 planter marker

I had a 6 row 900 back in the 90's, I fought the same problem several times. The marker sequencing valve located on the  back of the planter under the seed hopper was always the culprit. Sometimes a good whack with the hammer would buy me a little time in the field before it would start acting up again. I replaced the valve on mine 2 or 3 times in the 6 years or so I owned it. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

..That sequencing valve sounds like the problem. Mine started doing the same thing last year..and I think a replacement might be in order. The biggest problem we always had with our electronics..was keeping the ground wire to the "waterway switch" in good contact. We'd always end up with a tool bar that would go all the way to the ground when it didn't have a good ground.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Maybe the sequencing valve is susceptible to even the finest grit in the oil?   Just guessing but would changing the tractor hydraulic filter more often or installing a filter on the planter itself help?

0 Kudos
Senior Reader

Thanks for the input. Best part is I need to check this out  since i forgot I had this problem when we finished up last year.Tom

Tags (4)
0 Kudos