cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunfall
Friend

Is KRONE real quality and long-term in Big Balers?

We bought a KRONE big baler, because I thought it was the top of the line

Well, 19000 bales  later, the shaft, 5 1/8", which drives the plunger suffered " fretting fatigue" 

It Snapped, and Krone, nor the dealer, has not come to look at it and we were told sorry about our luckSmiley Mad

So the question is,

Anybody else un-happy with KRONE?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Is KRONE real quality and long-term in Big Balers?

Is Krone an American made or a foreign company?  Never see any of them around my area.  I mean 0.

0 Kudos
sunfall
Friend

Shaggy: Krone is a German Company
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

That's what I thought.  How can they be competitive with the red, green, yellow & blue paint that is produced in the USA?  Not saying they are inferior, just imported.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I always thought their mowers looked well built. Not that means anything. Never looked at balers. Also know German cars have gone down in reliability the last few years.
0 Kudos
dannylee5373
Friend

What rock do you live under? Nearly every company has partner factory's overseas that build certain segment of their equipment and export them here and build here send there.

0 Kudos
sunfall
Friend

Yes, you are correct in reference to producing elsewhere and/or assembling here. My problem is that they got American $$$$ for a baler that should have lasted til the cows came home and they don't have any interest in fixing the problem When in other pieces of farm machinery do you see a shaft that started out at 5 1/8", in diameter, at the factory and it ends up in two pieces, due to no fault of the operator???? Appreciate the feed back
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I'm not trying to bash the company.  If you want a Krone or a Claas or a Kubota go get yourself hooked up.  My dollars are staying with the American companies that have brought American agriculture to where it is today.  I will use anything that you want me to, as long as you pay for it maintain it and deliver it to my farm.  If I'm flipping the bill, it's going to from an American company with a distinguished record.  If you don't want to here our comments, don't ask the question.

0 Kudos
sunfall
Friend

Hey Shaggy

I agree with you

I made the mistake of spending the $$ with them and did not fathom that they would not stand behind their product

I was just testing the waters to find if anybody else was exposed to faulty parts and the company not backing it up

No attempt is being made to bash anything since the baler took care of that when the shaft let go

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Thanks Sunfall, sorry to hear about your problems.  Hope you can get your issues repaired before the busy season sets in.

0 Kudos