cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a new combine in the works?

This might already be old news.  I'll put the link here and let you all respond.

http://thewheatbeat.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/a-first-hand-look-at-the-tribine/

Link to the Tribine web site;  http://tribine.com/

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Is this a new combine in the works?

Very interesting Smoke.  I'll be at AgConnect next week and I will put that on my must see short list.  Looks like a monster.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

One of the neighborhood BTOs got a new combine, with I think a 16 row head on it, a huge beast with straddle duals that takes up the whole road, even without the head on it.  My neighbor commented at the time, that 'if the make them any bigger, they are going to have to bend in the middle, like an articulated tractor'.  

Looks like he was right.

0 Kudos

Shaggy: Thanks for the word on the Ag Connect appearance of this machine. Please look us up at the show. We'll be running around taping an episode of the Successful Farming Machinery Show. We'll have a booth and educational programs, too.

Anybody else attending Ag Connect?

-- John

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

John, I most difentitely will stop by the booth.  I mentioned this to Mike & Jeff as well, looking forward to meeting you all.  See you next week.

0 Kudos

John, I wish I could be there. Have prior commitments all week.
0 Kudos
Bugeye
Senior Contributor

1000 bushels of wheat weighs 60,000 pounds. That thing probably weighs 50,000 pounds with a big hearder hanging on the front of it. Yep, that should work real well in the mud. The upside is once you get those tracks full of rain water you should have a lot of water capacity in your soil. And ducks. Ducks are good, especially when they're all lined up in a row. Yep lots of potential here. Maybe raise some gators from time to time.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Bug, are you a glass half empty guy?  Everyone knows we live in an era of bigger is better.  All the other big machines will do just as much soil damage in wet conditions as this one.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.  This fellow might just get rewarded for his hard work.

0 Kudos

Shaggy, I visited with a guy that makes the annual custom harvest run. Says Deere has a big machine running, two engines and 750 bu. bin. Market focus is Russia, Ukraine and Brazil. Not US. Sixty foot header.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Smoke, I have heard reports of the same thing.  If these machines are designed for foreign markets, how long until they are put to use here at home?

0 Kudos