cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

John Deere Tractors

We have been green guys for the last 18 years. (international before) I believing that JD does not make the tractor they used too, but still want big money for them. Our old 7210 is twice the tractor of any of the others we have bought. I'm going to deal our 6220 loader tractor and am shopping around. Have looked at the Massey Fergusons, New Holland has no tractor to match up. Any ideas where else to look?  Looking for a platform loader tractor with about 85 hp.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor

Re: John Deere Tractors

It's not like you have a lot of choices anymore.   The JD 6430 has to be the most popular loader tractor out there.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

New or used?  I have seen a lot of the older Maxxum tractors from CaseIH with a LOT of hours on them, and not much in repairs.  For loader work, look towards the older ones without a lot of electronic doo-dads to cause headaches.

For a newer tractor, I like the McCormics.  They make (or at least until recently made) a simple chore type tractor, with simplicity and reliability ahead of bells and whistles. 
Lastly, don't forget Kubota, they make some of the best smaller tractors out there, and have a very good reputation. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

I had an MC series McCormick.  The electronics drove me nuts so I sold it.  Tach, PTO,under seat safety switch.  Plus not enough hydraulics to run the vacuum pump on my planter.  Had to go to a PTO pump.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I have not looked at the internationals for years. Went to dealer yesterday. He had a 95U in the back with front end out of it. It looks like a heavy tractor comparable to the 6230 JD. I'm going to look it up on the web. Anyone got a 95U?

0 Kudos