cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcorn1259562

KINZE BEAN METERS

Been a lot of talk of needing the 48 cell plate this year instead of 60 cell plate. My beans that I've ordered are anywhere from 2200 to 3000 seeds/lb which seems to be okay for the 60 cell plate, which is what I've always used. Seen a number of websites that are saying anything under that 2500 range needs to be the 48 cell. Is this just because the beans are odd shaped this year? Any input would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: KINZE BEAN METERS

Hmmm, on my JD meters they are 56 cell and large seed is considered 2000-2800 and they recommend "position C".  Don`t know about Kinze, assumed they were the same.

0 Kudos
cowfarmer
Senior Contributor

I think you will be all right I have used these meters with some big beans, and it works fine, what kind of monitor do you have. mine tells population and we have checked it, it gets darn close, I have a 12/23 kinze planter.

0 Kudos
sapro616467
Senior Reader

Take some big beans and see if they stick in black plates, if they do go get some blue ones .  Your monitor will show goofy counts down to 80% on graph on kpm II if they stick  2500 and below may need blue plates.

0 Kudos