cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinze Marker Problems

Have a 2200 12 row that I put a new actuator box on 2 seasons ago and had it gone through again last season. About half way through planting last year markers would not alternate again part of the time. Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Kinze Marker Problems

@pcorn1259562 wrote:

Have a 2200 12 row that I put a new actuator box on 2 seasons ago and had it gone through again last season. About half way through planting last year markers would not alternate again part of the time. Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks

Don't have a Kinze so not sure how they work. Had a 7,000 once like that. The trouble was not the actuator, the tractor was not putting out enough hydraulic pressure. New pump solved the problem. There were no other symptoms of a bad pump.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I don't know what the Kinze marker switch is like but on a JD when the planter is in the field raise position the box has to be pushed against the stop until the switch clicks, held in that position and tightened there.  I know on the JD they will move sometimes.  Maybe this will help.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Our 2200 has done that occasionally.   I just take apart the box.   Inside it there is a valve with some balls inside that slides back and forth.  I clean everything up and usually works fine. 

0 Kudos