cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: L 10 cummins

...one of the most important things I ever learned while going racing with a buddy....It's always the simplest thing....glad ya got it to turn over ...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Advisor

The excitement of success is sending me into temporary incontinence.  I have been on such a high, I could hunt ducks with a rake.

0 Kudos
siloguy
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like it came together alright! Did it take a big shoehorn to get the L10 in and did you ever find a proper oil pan for it?

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Advisor

A small adjustment in length to the output shaft made it fit in the cavity OK.  Had to make a sump pan but that was no problem. In fact I had it running today and burnt a bit of paint off the turbo Etc,.   Here's the problem.  I drove it about 2 miles to collect the header and when I left it idling, the revs increased to full speed for no reason.  It would not shut down so I cut off  the fuel and starved it to death.  It has two levers to operate the throttle and I was told to lock the bottom one and use the top.  I have a linear actuator attached to the lever and it works better than a cable but something happened today.  Other than that everything went well.  This motor originated from a fire truck in the US so you guys have a small connection. It should be immuned to catching alight.

0 Kudos