cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Lexion Combines: Pros and Cons

I'm wondering about the 2005-2007 year Lexion Combines. What accessories are needed for a corn/soybean farmer? Does the pre-threshing cylinder allow the machines to run at less than capacity (like when you're dealing with down corn) without pushing unthreshed grain out the back? Is there a system for dealing with rocks in said combines? Can you clean the loose grain out of the combine easily to keep it from contaminating other crops? What size header can I expect to run on what size combine in 200 bushel corn, or 60 bushel soybeans at 4-4.5 MPH? I'm not a speed guy, I'd much rather slow a combine down so it can deal with unevenness in a field and avoid tile holes! Any minus's about the combines from those who have run one? Would any of you who have owned one go back to a single rotor, like the Case/IH or Deere or even the Massey. I have to admit, I like the advantages of the Massey over the other two rotors...but am leaning toward the Lexion as a better designed machine than all three.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor

Re: Lexion Combines: Pros and Cons

Pup I don't know exactly you live in northwest Ohio but you have one of the best Massey dealers around in Upper Sandusky OH Schmidt Machine

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Lexion Combines: Pros and Cons

No advice but Mitchells in Liberty Center sold out to Ohio Cat.

0 Kudos