cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wind
Advisor

Lights for older tractor?

I need some lights for an older tractor to be mounted on the roll-bar.  Xenon Hid vs Led lights.  The price is about the same.  Any  advantage with one or the other?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: Lights for older tractor?

If it were me, I'd go with the less expensive ones. Both of those lights put out considerably more light than the originals. I need to do that very thing with my older loader tractor.
0 Kudos
Pat in CMO
Senior Contributor

It is my understanding that the LED's are a much simpler install and also draw less current. The HID's require ballasts.  Patrick

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

Looks like the LED's  are a good choice.  I can remember back in the early 60's plowing at night with a farmall 560 (I could hardly reach the petals).  With the weak lights, you where just about on top of the fence, before you saw it, at the end of the field.  Those half mile long rows seemed like a mile long in the dark back then!!

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

LEDs are the way to go if you want to spend that kind of money.
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

As I replace burned out lights on my older equipment I've been updating to LED's. Looks kind of funny now that I've got a few LED's and a few incandescent's on the same equipment.

You are correct though buck, they are expensive. But you'll probably never need to replace them unless you break one.
0 Kudos