cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Local small shop baldwin filters or more money to deere for there filters

We give deere plenty of our business already.  Anything wrong with baldwin filters the local small shop is selling for our deere tractors and combine.  Would be nice to support  him some without hurting our equipment with baldwin filters.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Advisor

Re: Local small shop baldwin filters or more money to deere for there filters

Baldwin, Wix (includes NAPA), Fleetguard are all good filters.   We used Baldwin for years and years until our supplier retired and sold the  fuel business and the new owner did not continue the Baldwin dealership.  We try to plan a year's needs and buy from our local NAPA during their annual filter sale.   In season we can buy OEM pretty close to the same price.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

We have used wix and baldwin with no problems, other than they sometimes don't stock what you need for new equipment.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Local small shop Baldwin filters or more money to deere for there filters

We use wix from auto parts stores, they are a premium filter and the same as Napa. Wouldn't scare me to use Baldwin either.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Have used Baldwin filters for years with no problems.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

We use Baldwin and Hastings filters all the time, i have noticed any difference in life or quality of job.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

We are going to use baldwin filters and deeres plus 50 motot oil.  Deere people tell me baldwin just isn't as good especially in combine hydralics, but going to use baldwin anyway.  Thanks for all your input.

0 Kudos