cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt618
Friend

Low planter

We have a 7200 16-30 front fold john deere planter.  We just installed a new set of row mounted fert openers and trash ripper on it this winter.  The problem is the trash rippers hit the bottom of the main frame.  I called the  sunco sale rep they said I need at least 20" of distance between the ground and the main frame.  We only have 18".  John deere has been at our place for two days and can not come up with any solution to fix the problem.  Anyone have a low riding planter and what did you do to raise it to the correct height?  Our parallel linkage on the row units run down hill also showing the main frame is to low..  Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: Low planter

If you have an operators manual for your planter..they should state how high the toolbar should be off the ground for proper operation. If the parallel linkages are running downhill to the toolbar..something is obviously wrong. I can't believe you had a very experienced Deere technician if they didn't have a clue how to get the toolbar at the proper heighth....

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

Re: Low planter

You didn't mention if the planter is drawbar or 3 point hitch.   If it is drawbar pull could the drawbar possibly be too low?  The operators manual for my 7240 recommends a height for the tongue or drawbar when planter is lowered so I have to flip the drawbar for planting as using the tractor anything else. 

0 Kudos