cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX 200 Magnum Problem

First the the tractor wouldn't or would move and then quit moving and read a bunch of faults so the two terminators were replaced and now the tractor can be moved.  Then there was still a low voltage reading and the rpms wanted to read high when idling but would read right when the tractor was speeded up to about 1800 rpm. So changed the alternator with a aftermarket one and now the low voltage no longer comes on but the rpm's still do the same and the transmission will now kick out.  However if the lights are on everything works perfectly fine rpm's and transmission. Have done quite a bit of work with the lights on and seems fine but turn the lights out and just about immediately have problems.  All grounds have been gone over twice and washer put on with the diggers on them.  Any ideas or experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks, NCOH

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: MX 200 Magnum Problem

I hate to tell ya..but that's why I bought an older series tractor....it's still got manual shift cables...and doesn't drive you as nuts as the electronic bugaboos of the new ones....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

Re: MX 200 Magnum Problem

I had a McCormick tractor that drove me nuts with electrical problems.   They are similar to Case/IH.   Tach didn't work right from day 1.  Limit switch on A/C would kick out.   2 safety switches in the rear end for the PTO went bad.   Switches were only $35 but the bill to R and R was $1500.   Just after the warranty expired.

I did have a similar problem in that the tractor wouldn't move.   There is a safety switch under the seat that went bad.   After pulling my hair out and losing 2 days of good planting I figured it out.   I took the skirting off from around the seat and saw 2 wires going under it.   I simply cut the wires and spliced them together and it was good to go.   I figured it had something to do with the seat as sometimes I could get the tractor to move by jumping up and down on the seat.    Many calls to the dealer were fruitless.    After I fixed this problem and called them to let them know what I found they sent me a new seat assembly switch, $178.  I sent it back, pronto.   I don't know why except maybe for liability concerns they didn't tell me of the seat switch problem on the phone.  This may be your problem.  The wires come out of the right rear corner of the seat.   Clip'em, strip'em and twist them together.   Be forewarned that this eliminates the seat safety switch so after that I would put the tranny shift lever in neutral when getting out with the engine running rather than just putting the fwd/reverse shuttle in neutral.    Good Luck.

0 Kudos