cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Marking hydraulic lines

What is a good system for marking hydraulic lines?  With different tractors, it's not always easy to remember which is the base port and which the ram port, for example.

I have 3 sets ouf outlets on 3 tractors and 2 on the other.  I'd like to come up wtih a scheme where I used 6 different colors to mark the outlets and the cylinder hoses so that I could always just hook them up first shot.  Have you done that?  What have you come up with?

I'll pr4obably use cable ties in color for the markers, or something - that is not my question so much as what scheme or plan works out well, or is there one? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
malan614025

Re: Marking hydraulic lines

On my Deere 4455 i have 3 scvs.All 3 are numbered, so all i do is go back a few feet on the hoses an lable them with a paint marker. Example  1 set, 1 left , one right  works great every time hope this helps

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

My tractors use colors to identify the hydraulic ports, so colored cable ties work best for me, matching the colors to the port.

I use two ties for the top hose, and one tie for the bottom hose.  Once explained, anyone can hook up any implement, and get the hoses right the first time.

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

My versi has four sets of remotes.  I identify them by stamping  a number or letter on the female port and on the male tip. Zip tyres wear out with sunlight, paints wears off with the assistance of oil.  Stamping will be there forev er.

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

some use small cattle or hog ear tags zip tied on. you can label the ear tags with permanent marker.

0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Because most of my equipment only has 2 sets of lines to the tractor..I find that attaching them to the post that holds them up on the hitch on the side that corresponds to the side of the tractor that they hook to be helpful. After that..it's a matter of deciding which is the top and bottom hose..and it only takes a couple wraps of tape on one hose to remind one which belongs on top.

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

I also use the zip tie method.   Put 1 on the pressure hoses.  2 ties on the 2nd set, 3 on the 3rd, if needed. 

0 Kudos