cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eschfarm
Friend

Mobil 1

Anyone out there using Mobil 1 15W50 in their diesel tractors or trucks?

Have been using Schaffers supreme 7000 for 18 years with very satisfied results but they have gotten so high priced that you can buy Mobil 1 full synthetic at wal-mart for less money now.

Priced Schaffers in a 55 gallon barrel the other day and it has gone up to $4.40 a quart.

Mobil 1 in a 5 quart container at wally world was $4.20 a quart the other day.

Guess my question is if anyone has had any doubts about the Mobil 1 they have been using?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fcldot
Contributor

Re: Mobil 1

Mobil 1 is great for gas engines;  don't think it is for diesel, read on the container.  They used to have a delvac i which was for diesel, I used for years, check with the mobil people.  youcann't go wrong with the deeres plus 50 ....don't use cheap oil in your expessive motors... fred

@eschfarm wrote:

Anyone out there using Mobil 1 15W50 in their diesel tractors or trucks?

Have been using Schaffers supreme 7000 for 18 years with very satisfied results but they have gotten so high priced that you can buy Mobil 1 full synthetic at wal-mart for less money now.

Priced Schaffers in a 55 gallon barrel the other day and it has gone up to $4.40 a quart.

Mobil 1 in a 5 quart container at wally world was $4.20 a quart the other day.

Guess my question is if anyone has had any doubts about the Mobil 1 they have been using?

0 Kudos
oldhayseed
Contributor

Re: Mobil 1

the dodge garage that i bought my 2007 ram from told me that most farmers run mobil 1, just a guess if you have a newer one than that mobil 1 has an oil just for diesel trucks that won't harm the epa junk. for the record i get mine at meijer for 19.90 a gal. hay

0 Kudos