cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

More of the Home made scrap.

59i085A5198DE28550FThis is the full plant and for the benefit of Bundy, I made the Air cart too. It is getting close to worn out so maybe a new one is in the pipeline soon.  I wish I could make Versatiles that good.

9 Replies
bundy bear
Contributor

Re: More of the Home made scrap.

by the looks of the weed in the foreground you may want to draw up a sprayer too........

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Mate, I said before, you never learn. It is funny how you took the bait on that weed because attached is the sprayer I built 12 months ago.  It is about now you probably wish you might have let go.  But FYI, 80 feet, 4500 litres and all the controls of the modern expensive ones. Drawn by a 180 hp White and full auto steer.  Anything else you might to sling off at me? How is your engineering skills. 60iAA2487F6950E2F26

0 Kudos
bundy bear
Contributor

I already knew you had a sprayer. You posted it on NAT a few months ago. Obviously works a treat.....

0 Kudos
CJR
Senior Reader

That's pretty neat. How wide is the planter? Does the cart have an auger on it

or do you just back the seed truck up to it and fill with that?

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

It is 42 feet wide. The truck reverses up to the air cart and augers fert and seed into bins.  The tynes are John Deere. It has rotary distributors like a Concord and both boxes re driven at the same speed while the seed and fert are regulated by a door entering the air stream via a ventury.  Works OK but I would not want to sow very fine seeds through it.  It has a separate box for canola and pasture seed.

0 Kudos
CJR
Senior Reader

i see

0 Kudos
gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

Bundy - thanks for spraying me again about anything.  I don't know what upsets you so much about me but I am tired of the verbal battle. If you want to have a confab I am willing but I, like yourself, do not need any more of that s--t,  I don't care what someone thinks of my home made scrap. Like most other guys who make something, there is a good deal of satisfaction attached to it.  I hope you get the same buzz.

0 Kudos

The person who cannot appreciate what others have built and learn while doing it, has a faulty cpu and needs to get it upgraded fopr they slow down progress.

I love to be ablr to see your seeder as well as the the other tools you have created from scrap.

0 Kudos

Don't worry too much about Bundy.  Him and I have a long standing dispute over politics and like true conservatives, anything for a sarcastic reply.  That is the way he is and I accept that.

0 Kudos