cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NEW TIME!: Exclusive unveiling of Deere’s new planter

Jump to solution

What row width spacings and number of rows setups are there (Is it the same as the 1770NT)?

Can you get liquid fertilizer?

When will my dealer be able to work on a quote (he said he thought it would be june, but that seems like a rediculously long time)?

0 Kudos
Frequent Visitor

Jump to solution

Are there any plans for a granular soil insecticide option?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Jump to solution
I hear row units are electric driven with electric motors. Not real crazy about that. Dead batteries fertilizer being spilt dust dirt no thank you. As far as planting 10mph , not here too many rocks and would have to have at least 500lbs of down pressure to keep it in the ground on our clay soils
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
I agree Cat, bigger, faster, more bells and whistles doesn't always mean better. Think I'll stick a couple thousand into my ole CIH 1200 and just keep a rolling.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Can it change population on the go in April based on August heat and precipitation?  Does it have a coffee maker?  and the most important question of all ---- Will it pay for itself?

Deere, like everybody else is thrilled with being able to do new things and can't wait for the day that sitting in front of a computer, operating a tractor on the screen, from Disney World is reality.  These are very dangerous times economically?  

Most every improvement on the maximerge type planter has been for operator convenience as well as performance.  Looking at corn stands these days can you really tell by the crop if the planter is new or 20 years old?  

Deere is just riding the tech wave as far as it can because it is boosting sales.  It is really hard to see what is an actual economic improvement for the producer, and what is stroking the ego.

These are amazing and interesting times out there on the cutting edge.  The chopping block of the industry.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Jump to solution
I can just imagine trying to find an electric short in that sucker. Wonder why they didn't drive the units hydraulically. Probably more cost. Me and electrical have never gotten along very well especially on farm machinery.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution
Wow, I'm usually a skeptic. But this machine is impressive. Why didn't someone think of this seed tube design years ago. The explaination and presentation from the Deere people at NFMS was the best I've ever heard from them. 10 mph... if the seed bed is smooth enough I'd believe it.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution
Just because it will plant at 10MPH doesn't mean you need to plant at 10MPH. After a full day at 5MPH, my acorns are getting sore.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

SW funny you should mention this. I see it all the time. The newest planters dont always do a better job than the 20 year old planters. 10 miles an hour might work in Illinois where the ground is flat and black. It wouldnt work on a few fields around me where you cant walk across an 80 without stepping on stone. I can just see the BTO's hired man trying to plant 10 miles an hour on some of that stony ground: first the disk openers would fly off, then the tires fall off... then the tractor would overheat and bust into flames all before the hired man could finish his text...OK OK thats a little overboard lol!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution
GPS gets out of calibration and runs it into a tree line or fence post at even 6 or 8 mph. It's a heavy looking planter just not that heavy.
Gota go!
Looks like one of the many shows is about to start here in smoke town.
0 Kudos