cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Need Case disc parts

I have a Case D24 Series Double Offset Tandem disc that is in good shape except for a couple of housings that hold the bearings for the disc gangs.  I've tried a couple of local Case IH dealers and have been told they no longer make these bearing housings and that no dealers have them on hand.

Curious if anyone knows of a dealer that may stock more older Case parts then other dealers?

Is there a place where I can check to be sure there are no such parts available from any and all the Case IH dealers in the country? 

Also be interested to know of any good machinery salvage yards that might have a used Case disc available for parts. 

Short of locating some new or used bearing housings I may have to try and find some one that will do custom casting to make me a couple of new housings.  Any suggestions for someone that will make custom castings in such limited amounts? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Need Case disc parts

Do you mean the casting piece that bolts to the frame, and holds the bearing gang in place? 

If so, I have seen our local machine shop weld up brackets out of heavy-wall steel, in their place.  Would be far cheaper than having castings made, in such small batches.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

No, I'm talkin about the 4 to 5 inch round hollow bearing housing with two short studs on the outside 180 degrees apart.  The two short studs are what is used with support plates to bolt the housing onto the bottom of what the book calls the bearing riser that is bolted on the bottom of the disc frame. 

Hopefully that all makes sense.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I think I know what you mean.

There are lots of salvage yards online, or even aftermarket companies.  Shoups, Abeline Machine, ASAP are a few that pop to mind that may have replacement parts.

0 Kudos