cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swwisc
Contributor

Need Help with Farmhand 815 mixer

I need to remove the gearbox on a Farmhand 815 mixer mill.as the key broke on the main drive shaft. Do i have to take the tank off to remove this? Local dealer is not helping out and last time I brought something in, he couldn't fix it but I was tagged with a big bill anyway. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Need Help with Farmhand 815 mixer

I`ve used and cut up 810 Farmhands, never had to open up their gearbox, but it seems to me there was an access panel on the side you could take off, I know on them you wouldn`t have to take the tank off, that`s a big job even with a torch  Smiley Happy  There has to be an access panel somewhere on that gearbox  Good Luck.

0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

The gearbox has to be removed to get at the access panel. There is only 2 inches between the access panel and the feeding auger into the tank. The gearbox has to be removed to disconnect the drive shaft from the gearbox.
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

All my Farmhands have went down the road, but looking at my Artsway, that has a bottom plate on the gearbox that would have to come off to get at the internal bolts that fasten the gearbox to the tank.   Now, when you say "feeding auger into the tank" do you mean the "mineral hopper" and that auger?   I`m just guessing here, but a Farmhand g-box is probably attached internally like the Artsway, that would mean getting at a access panel by hook or by crook.  But if you can do that, you can replace the sheared off key from the access panel.   Sorry not more help.

0 Kudos