cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Old Used Combines to Bolivia?

I've been blogging on our site about how even the used farm equipment market is now a GLOBAL MARKET. Couple interesting emails from readers the last couple days. One today (May 11th) from a farmer talking about how old used JD 6620 & 7720 combines in his area are being torn apart, boxed up and sent to Bolivia.

Wow!

Here's link to the blog discussion:  http://www.machinerypete.com/PPOV.asp?article_id=24

What are you guys seeing out there? Any pipelines of used equipment from your area heading to different regions or even parts of the world??

Pete

www.machinerypete.com

www.youtube.com/user/machinerypete

http://twitter.com/machinerypete

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Contributor

Re: Old Used Combines to Bolivia?

My 6620 headed that way from the Carroll Machinery Auction six or seven years ago.  Not sure it was to Bolivia, but south of the border anyways. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Deitering Bros. in bancroft iowa shipped some corn heads to the former soviet union. One of their technician/mechanics went over for a little while, too. I think they also dismantled some old planters,put them in shipping containers and sent them over. Wonder how much damage there was after all the truck, train, and ship rides?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

THere was a guy from my area that got a smaller hp case ih tractor that came from europe. It had a fast road gear and extra wide fenders on it.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Several years ago a local guy shipped some older combines to the former Soviet Union.  These units were shipped whole but were not whole by the time they arrived at their destination.  Be careful guys, the goal of our present "leaders" is to transfer ALL production to third world countries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Had a couple of guys from Mexico come by my shop Saturday looking for 9600's or 9610's.  We are in Texas, about 300 miles from the border.  They were not interested in my 9500.  These guys were driving an expensive new SUV and using a teenager for a translator.

0 Kudos