cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tbone80

Planting bin run beans in White planter

Any way to plant bin run conventional beans in Whiter without plugging?No seed cleaners around

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor

Re: Planting bin run beans in White planter

I don't know about a White planter but we used to plant bin run beans in a Massey plate planter if we ran out and needed just a few bushels to finish up.  A vacuum planter might be a different ball game if that's what you have.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, it should work okay.  Depends on how trashy beans are.   Unopened pods with beans in them, dirt clods, and large plant sticks can cause problems in the meter.  When loading beans, blow with a 3/4 hp aeration fan or something like that into the bean stream to blow out fines, light mt pods, and so forth.  You will find how far, close or what height to the bean stream the fan has to sit to do a good job.   I would guess you are not going to blow out any of the heavy pods, large sticks, and dirt clods without blowing some beans away too.   Anyway, this worked great when I drilled bin run wheat seed and don't know why it would not work for your bin run beans  too.   If your beans are clean, then you won't have any problems.   If the planter can't get rid of the trash, it probably will collect in the meter and eventually cause some problems and need to be checked from time to time to see if there is a problem.  my 2 cents, Ray

0 Kudos
Advisor

It will plant binrun rup beans, too.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I wouldnt try it in a vacum planter, had a boss try that one year with wheat in his air drill......what a mess.

0 Kudos