cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justbegining

S130 Bobcat

Wanting to upgrade on skidloaders.  Looking @ a S130 Bobcat.  JUst wanted to get some feedback on what others may think of these machines.  Looking @ it for mostly work around our LIvestock operation. TIA BD

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nwobcw
Advisor

Re: S130 Bobcat

I bought a new S130 and now have 500 hrs. on it.  I use it for livestock.  Cleaning pens and moving round bales.  I put steel tracks on it bought from a small shop in Indiana that cost about $500.  Haven't taken a wrench to it yet.  Highly recommend it.  It is a little hard to start in super cold weather but that's the only negative comment I have.

0 Kudos
justbegining

NWOBCW, Thanks for the reply.  HOw big of a bucket do you have for it & how big are the round bales that you move with it as well?  TIA  BD

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

I have 5 foot material and manure buckets.  As wide as the machine is.   The round bales are 4 to 5 foot in diameter.  Straw bales average 534#.  Hay depends on the cutting but usually around 650# for 4 footers.  Straw bales are 5 foot in diameter.  Bales are 4 foot wide.  I have baled some 6 foot hay bales but they are too heavy as they flatten out bad when sitting and they make the bobcat light on the rear end.

0 Kudos