cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Serious 2166 question

Error E5 comes on and feeder house stops. Turn key off and on to clear the error. Then get error HDR 51. Now that we have stopped to check it out the brakes seem to be locked.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Re: Serious 2166 question

Ok brakes locked was the fuse.
0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

My dad was accually driving when this started. Now that I'm running it. The feederhouse just stopes and the diagnostic screen says feeder but no number error.
0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

So what's the deal Buck, you get it fixed or are you still down? Do you really have a problem with the feeder house or is it just a false alarm? I have a 1640, the alarm system kept going off every few minutes this year, I checked out the grain elevator like it said. Everything seemed to be ok so we took the fuse out for the alarm system. (I couldn't take the beeping noise any longer LOL!) I would have been a little more concerned, but the previous owner said he always had trouble with the alarm system in that combine.

0 Kudos
r3020
Senior Advisor

@Blacksandfarmer wrote:

So what's the deal Buck, you get it fixed or are you still down? Do you really have a problem with the feeder house or is it just a false alarm? I have a 1640, the alarm system kept going off every few minutes this year, I checked out the grain elevator like it said. Everything seemed to be ok so we took the fuse out for the alarm system. (I couldn't take the beeping noise any longer LOL!) I would have been a little more concerned, but the previous owner said he always had trouble with the alarm system in that combine.

On the 1640 you can shut off the one giving a false reading, then the rest still work.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Why would anyone want to disable something the could potentially save valuable time not to mention thousands of dollars. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but if I have an issue with any of my equipment, I get it repaired ASAP. Generally a good offseason preventative maintenance plan will reduce in season breakdowns, but not completely eliminate them. Hope you got your problem solved Buck.
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

I did not see this this post till I got a PM from Buck -  We had a nice talk early this morning about this - We had this same problem several years ago on another combine - there is a speed sencor for the throat - If it sence's a slow down in the speed it will shut off - so to keep from plugging the throat  - this a total worthless POS sencor on these machines = trouble !

To keep going -- for now - you can go over to  the A post --in set ups - the owners manual will tell you how to shut that sencor down so you can keep running .

For you Buckfarmer --------- No charge Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Thanks ECIN.
Just getting started looking at it this morning I'll keep you all posted as I get it straightened out.
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Find that sensor and check it for allignment or if it was too close to the "gear" it reads off and has the end worn off.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

Found two worn belts (wich I expected). And the lower shive falling apart. So I'm hoping it was accually slowing causing the shut down. Seemed to not shut down when I calabrated to run without the auto feeder. Was having a hard time with just my dad helping me troubleshoot. Parts ordered, down till Friday. Took longer to get all the gaurds off than to remove bad parts.
0 Kudos