cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

There has been talk here about high-tech farm tractors and software licenses.

Spoiler

Does your high-tech "spaceship" of a tractor even have a sturdy rollbar for overturn protection as well as a seat safety harness?

The Amish with their teams of plow horses don't have to plug their animals into a USB port and download anything. I have not heard of one farm worker death related to the "operation" of a team of Shires or any plow horse/draft horse breed in the field. I have never heard of a horse-drawn implement overturning and killing a ploughboy or any farm worker to boot. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: There has been talk here about high-tech farm tractors and software licenses.

@JonBailey64 wrote:
Spoiler

Does your high-tech "spaceship" of a tractor even have a sturdy rollbar for overturn protection as well as a seat safety harness?

The Amish with their teams of plow horses don't have to plug their animals into a USB port and download anything. I have not heard of one farm worker death related to the "operation" of a team of Shires or any plow horse/draft horse breed in the field. I have never heard of a horse-drawn implement overturning and killing a ploughboy or any farm worker to boot. 

You've never heard of a run away team?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
lancej5634955
Frequent Visitor

Re: There has been talk here about high-tech farm tractors and software licenses.

The Amish have plenty of accidents of their own. They are much more likely to be injured on the roads.

0 Kudos