cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Friend

Tier 4 Diesel engines

Has any one seen these things yet ? They look like the biggest mechanical nightmare yet!!! I would hate to take any of these modern engines to the shop for any work.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Tier 4 Diesel engines

Successful Farming Machinery Editor Dave Mowitz did an article on these in a recent magazine.  I agree with you,it sounds like a monstrosity.

http://www.agriculture.com/successful-farming/editors/tier-4-trials_120-ar9881

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

This could be another reason good used tractors are selling so well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The wisdom behind Tier 3 escaped me with the EGR devices and waste gate turbos, and the Tier 4 is totally in outer space for me. I can't believe we have allowed the EPA to gut the efficiencies within the diesel motor in favor of burning extra fuel to try and clean up the air. Don't they realize higher fuel consumption means a larger carbon footprint? I would think there would be a better way to attack this air polution problem without gutting performance, reliability, and fuel economy.  Those EPA clowns need to be shown the door. What's worse, they work for US! I think in 5 years we will look back on what we allowed to happen with out diesel motors and shake our collective heads in disbelief.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

4wd is right. We do need to do something to put an end to all of the senseless regulations made by the EPA
0 Kudos