cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Tribine gonna be at the Farm Progress show!

And I`m gonna drive that sucker!   ...well no not really, I can`t back that up but I`m gonna check it out, for sure.  1000 bushel grain tank (I`d have to redo all my tile). 2 motors 590hp.

http://tribine.com/

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Advisor

Re: Tribine gonna be at the Farm Progress show!

Built not even 35 miles from my farm.  Has no use in our area, needs large fields to capture efficiencies.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It sounds like it had a few bugs to be worked out, which is understandable.  If the concept takes off, I could see it as a quad-track one day, which would be great for the big grain tank (1000bu) + the 20 ton or whatever the machine weighs, it needs a spread out 'foot print".     If that thing ever got stuck...holy buckets, that would be a mess getting it out.   Anyway, if it`s like most new fangled things, i`ll only afford it at a consignment auction 30 yrs from now when I`m a octogenarian.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Advisor

Add another ten tons, give or take. An S690 runs more than 20 tons now, empty weight, don't you think?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

From the picture the center link looks to weak. I think the thing will snap in two. BA, when you get home from the show give us a full report. Including the price. From the pictures I'm not impressed.

Won't be worth much for the guys who like to bale straw.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Will do, 3020, I`ll try a get a picture of the king pin and get my Wife or Daughter to post it for me. 

I`ll see how much more or less they have to have for the Tribine..if it`s a "farm show special" for $499,999.00 i can drive it out to you 3020   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Tribine center link pix

IMG_20160831_102308_613.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Tribine center link pix

3020, was at Farm Progress Show and got a pic of the link on the Tribine.  IMO it`s plenty beefy for basically a 1,000bu cart, it`s of course balanced pretty well.  The Tribine weighs 48,000lbs.  I saw it in the field, bigshots I was with wasn`t all that impressed as I  Smiley Happy  It was running in 175bu, 22% mois corn along with other machines.  i would say the Versatile was the slowest, but that could`ve been the operator, the Deere and N Holland were fastest, guy I was with noticed the Deere S690 unloading auger was vibrating (he`s not a Deere man  Smiley Happy  ).  All did excellent job of shelling, as one would expect.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the picture BA.. Did they have a price on it? What size head was he running?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey 3020, there was a ton of interest in the machine, it was easier to shake Tyne Morgan`s hand than to get a picture of the Tribine  Smiley Happy ...I think the crowd was lesser in the later afternoon.   It had a 12 row head, which is kind of what it`s intended for to be able to unload at the ends in good yielding corn.  Also with a chopping head, that`s maybe all she`d want.

The price, I didn`t get to talk to a exhibtor about it, just a guess somewhere around + - $600,000?  It` s one of those things "if you have to ask...."  I imagine the price could be very negotiable.  I applaude new ventures like this, the company owner sold about 800 of his own acres  for skin in the game.

I am not the market for this (maybe in 30yrs)  but to sell, they will have to put farmers at ease that parts availablity and service in a very timely manner. 

0 Kudos