cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Used TN75S

I know this could lead to colour comments but lets see if I can get a little unbiased advice on a TN75S.

Looking to update my IH 684 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive.

Price on this tractor is 8-10,000 less than any IH/Case that I have looked at. It is at my local Case dealer.

Has  a loader which I would need.

Is there anything I should look for with this 2002 model year with 1200 hours?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Advisor

Re: Used TN75S

I don't remember seeing that particular model NH tractor..but what I do remember about the ones I looked at several years ago..was there is a lot of business (levers, knobs, and such) on the right side of the cab. So much so..that you can't actually use the door effectively even if you wanted to. On my MX155, the hydraulics are back next to the seat..and the power shift/throttle is one lever with a switch. You actually can use the right door if you don't have any monitors or sprayer controls in the way. The power reverser is a must on a loader tractor..and even makes it great in the field. I can't believe how much faster you go from forward to backward when in corners and turning around. I have nothing bad to say about the engine..although the fan has a two speed type system..that I'm not sure I understand yet.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Thanks Pupdaddy; a good useful comment.

Know what you mean about the right 'door'.

Have that solved though since I am looking at an open station model.

Seems strange in this day and age but I prefer no cab, partly because I spend lots of time in the woodlot with it and I really do enjoy sitting out in the 'weather'.

Tough old bugger I guess but started farming on tractors without cabs and that included work in 'nasty' conditions. Don't mind the cab on bigger tractor when ploughing or blowing snow though.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Hey I feel the same way about no cabs, especially in planting  and haying where you're off and on quite a bit.  I do like the ROPS with a roof to keep the sun off though.   Just keeping the sun off of you and a nice breeze beats a cab anyday.  Like you I do like a cabbed tractor for late fall tillage work.  New tractors w/o a cab and a powershift tranny are actually reasonablely priced.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Those sure aren't many hours for a 2002 model.  About like the 2005 TS100A we bought in November 2008 with 489 hrs.  I agree there are lots of jobs where a cab is more of a nuisance than a help.  I was pulling old fence wire yesterday with our Ford 640 and loader and it's a lot handier to get off and on and work the loader from the ground than the TS would be.  For haying, I don't mind the open station for mowing and raking, but I sure appreciate the cab when baling, especially round baling clover.  That was miserable without a cab, especially going downwind!  Any job that requires a lot of off-and-on is a lot easier without a cab, and these newer tractors with all their warning devices, while good for our safety, are still a nuisance.  When I get out of the TS100A I have to put the reverser lever in neutral, and I put one of the transmission levers in neutral too, because I don't want to ever get in the habit of trusting that electric-over-hydraulic reverser, even with the operator presence switch.  Then the parking brake needs to be set or it'll beep at you, and it helps to tilt the steering wheel all the way up, too.  If I'm going out the right door I swivel the seat as far to the right as I can to get the loader joystick out of the way.  At least there is a right door, not like all those left entry only tractors with the yellow wheels.

0 Kudos