cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Video: how keeping good records enhances resale/trade value

Posted new Youtube video today, an interview I did with Gene Janikula from Montrose, MN on our bus tour to 2012 National Farm Machinery Show last week. Gene recently sold his 1992 CaseIH 1660 combine for $50,000. Gene speaks about the importance of keeping meticulous records over the years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkousFcAP_Y

Pete

www.machinerypete.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Video: how keeping good records enhances resale/trade value

I'd like to know how he sold the combine?  Be it ad or consignment auction.  I think in reality if it was on a good auction he would have sold for a higher price.  Due to the fact that they do not make combines that size anymore and there is a high demand for them. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Video: how keeping good records enhances resale/trade value

Sold privately, not on an auction. You're right about auctions producing very high sale prices on combines like this. I recently saw a 1991 CaseIH 1660 w/2645 hours (no heads) sell for $37,250 on farm auction in southeast VA. Last August saw a CaseIH 1640 with 2727 hours sell for $40,000 on northwest Ohio farm auction (no heads).

The scarcity of farm auctions across North America (Jan. '12 maybe slowest month I've seen in 22+ yrs tracking the market) really works to make the nice retirement/estate sales stick out like sore thumbs and attract buyer interest from ALL OVER. Some very nice farm sales coming up in March.....how high will the good stuff sell? We'll see.

Pete

www.machinerypete.com

0 Kudos