cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: WATER IN OIL ? TWO ?

Yes If it was oil cooler due to its higher pressure oil would be in water.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I have had 2 coolers put oil in water but never the reverse, you could pull the pan and see if there is a drip at bottom of a sleeve, seems like an injector sleeve is also a possible water leak,,,,, to much headache you should just sell me the tractor lol.
0 Kudos

just pull apart and rering and put in new o-rings on the sleeve. no need to have the expense of new pistons and sleves etc.  light valve job on the head and new bearings will be much cheaper than a complete and unessesary overhaukl.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Water and not antifreeze? My first thought, it sat outside in the rain with the straightpipe and that is how the water got in. Happened on our JD 8430. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: WATER IN OIL ? Up-date

Thanks everyone for your advise.  BA, I'll have to give it to you.  I poured two bottles of Bar's Leaks block seal head gasket fix into the radiator and the leak has stopped as far as I can tell.  I have put some 25 hrs since the "fix", pulling a field cultivator.  I did send an oil sample off to a lab, the results are not back yet.  As others said, I wonder if an o-ring was leaking?  Any way, so far so good.  I wish all repairs where as simple as this one.  Trying 2farm. it was antifreeze that came out, yellow green fluid came out first then the oil.     

0 Kudos