cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Wanna Buy a Combine? Over 50 on RB Auction Thursday

Here's preview video of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Chicago, IL area auction Thursday (Aug. 2nd) with 50+ later model Combines for sale:

I'll be covering the sale and will blog & post Youtube video highlights Thursday evening.

Pete

www.machinerypete.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Advisor

Re: Wanna Buy a Combine? Over 50 on RB Auction Thursday

Pete, were the combines in that Ritchie Bros. sale and the following Big Iron sale really sold as reasonably as it seemed? I mean, some of those prices look like maybe the dealer had them covered and didn't let them go. I think I could be interested in a combine and heads less than 5 years old for less than $225,000......

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Wanna Buy a Combine? Over 50 on RB Auction Thursday

Definitely more of a "buyer's" market currently on the later model used Combines, especially in areas more affected by the drought. The supply of later model used machines jumping up on dealer lots...hence all these big dealer/consignment auctions we've seen last 2-3 weeks all over. I know the folks at www.Bigiron.com work hard to conduct their absolute online auctions. Buying opportunities now it seems. Dealers taking hits on these machines....but they have to keep 'em moving to clear lots...even with low interest rates they can't have too much $$ tied up sitting on the used lot.

Should be interesting to see what happens heading into fall.

Pete

www.machinerypete.com

0 Kudos