cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Nice canopy mike.

Some sort of tool box with compartments to keep big stuff from squashing small stuff, and secure enough so nothing falls out, and so the small stuff doesn't rattle to the bottom, and be buried by the big stuff.

Also, I have an idea for accessories, that I think would sell big time, around here.  I would call it my 'pivot kit'.

It would have a toolbox big enough to carry essential tools, along with a carrier for a high-lift jack, a shovel, and a couple boards (to keep the jack from sinking in the mud).   The big selling point, would be a bed mounted winch, that would incorporate a mechanism that would pull/lift a pivot wheel up onto the bed, hold it securely for the drive to the pivot, and lower it down next to the pivot.   You'd have everything right there, to change a pivot tire.

For those not familiar, the most wheel on a pivot around here, is a recapped steel belted radial truck tire (14+ ply) on a 22.5 inch rim.   Weighs 150# or more, plus whatever mud is caked onto it.  A storage rack fitted to hold 5 gallon buckets and/or 2.5 gallon jugs would also be a hot item.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: UTV service vehicle

My suggestion would be to make it skid mounted unit ready to go to work.  You could make it slide in the bed or on a Mule pull 2 pins and remove the bed and install the service skid. My reasoning is you probably don't need the service equipment year around (You may in some places, but not here) and it should be easy to put in place and remove.  If it is a unit you can run in the shop, drop it on, and be working.

0 Kudos
Friend

Re: What machine will be the ultimate UTV?

Just came across this UTV evaluation and was wondering if the full review will be posted on the web site?  I see what appear to be snippets about the machines, some scoring info, some short videos and the reviewer backgrounds.

Is successful farming a print magazine, an e-publication, a webzine, what?  I can't tell from looking at the website.

Is it possible to get the issue with the full article on the UTV evaluation?

There are some very curious scores and ratings in the results and I would like to see if the full article more fully explains them.

Wish I had found this thread back when it started but oh well.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Successful Farming is a print magazine and this site is it's online presence.  The article you are interested in is in The February 2014 Vol. 112 No 21 issue.I think it's a six page article.  I don't think you can get the article online, but I'm not positive on that.  You can email Jessie.Scott@meredith.com and she can fill you in on how to get it.

0 Kudos
Friend

Thanks!

0 Kudos