cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Contributor

What year was the first new "New Holland" brand farm tractor sold in America?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: What year was the first new "New Holland" brand farm tractor sold in America?

Mine is a 98 I think it was around then. They are just Fords with a different name. New Holland (owned by ford since eighties) had a good reputation. Ford....not so much.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: What year was the first new "New Holland" brand farm tractor sold in America?

And a lot of hay and silage equip brande with new holland or sperry new holland before that. The old 1880 self propelled chopper I traded in on an FX was probably mid to late 60's
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I should have said the New Holland forage equipment had a good reputation. Ford tractors, especially the bigger ones, had a bad reputation around here.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

They did everywhere. As far as my experience with a couple tl100's and a td95, they are still junk. Sadly, they are identical mechanically as a case with different sheet metal.
A lot of problems with electrical systems on both tl100's , bearing on pto went out at 1500 hours on one, and hydraulic pump went out at 150 hrs on td95.
I have beat and raised hell with my little kubota M110 and hasn't given a problem one to date
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

My TS 90 has been great 4500 hours. With only minor problems. When I was looking at it the dealer had a td100 for much less he was vague about why it was so much cheaper. Then I saw it was made in Mexico.
0 Kudos