cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Would there be a market

I recently have been looking at trading tractors, my 7130 is getting some wear and I need something newer to till, pull grain cart, nh3,and feed when its poor weather.(MFWD comes in handy) In my dream world I would really like to be able to by a 7130 or 7140 new again. I dont need auto steer because we demo'd it and it didnt work to great in our terraces. I dont need an air compressor under my seat, all I want is MFWD, Air conditioning, am/FM and a quiet cab. So my question is if you could by a magnum or 4555 new would you or am I out of touch. It seems to me there are still a lot of guys my age farming out there that just want reliability and a little comfort not all these gizmos.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Would there be a market

The company name is Versatile formerly Buhler.  They have been getting more sophisticated the last 5 years.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I would look for an JD 8100. I have one and its just a good all around tractor. Great on a 16row planter and handles my 800 bu auger cart with ease. I have even tilled with it once in a pinch. You can buy a power chip to give it 20-30 percent more power. I traded a 4555 for this tractor and there is no comparison.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

No body has really answered your question. I just bought a 7120 with 7000 hours on it. I would rather buy this tractor again brand new over the crap they produce nowadays. ITS SIMPLE, just a few electronics, enough to make things nice without over complicating everything and not causeing alot of issues if something goes wrong. I think if any tractor that was built before the 2000's would make a great brand new tractor again today.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

There are still some good low hour 15 to 20 year old tractors out there. Small acreage guys that die or retire and have an estate sale would be the ones you want. Machinery Pete could give you a rundown, but I bet you'd pay the same $ amount as when they were new. Our personal experience has been the gizmos are worth it for the newer tractors. Operator comfort, torque rise, and fuel efficiency on the newer stuff is a big difference. I notice I am more tired after using our 50 series Deere than after our 8000 series at the end of a day.
0 Kudos