cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yetter Rotary Hoes

I no-till 600 acres of corn and soybeans.  Looking to purchase a rotary hoe.  I'm looking over the Yetter 30 ft regular and minimum till models.  What are the differences between the two and what are the disadvantages of each?   Someone said the gauge wheels can hit the tractor if you're not careful?  I believe the model number is 3530.  Will a regular Yetter rotary hoe keep from plugging in soybeans that are drilled in stalks?  Do regular and minimum tillage models come in either pull type or 3 point hitch?  What are differences between the 3400 and 3500 series?   Any additional info would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor

Re: Yetter Rotary Hoes

I don't know anything about the yetter rotary hoes. Probably a lot cheaper to buy old cultivator for the tool bar and put a set of row cleaners on it. You only need to crack the crusted soil over the row. I put my chemicals on after planting. Any disturbance will bring up the grass and weeds. Beans usually help themselves come up even with some crusting. Don't know if anyone has tried this but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Yetter Rotary Hoes

I have found out they work best going at a slight angle to the row.

0 Kudos