cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deucjok

combine fires

has anyone heard of any combine fires this fall?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dstoke2115463
Friend

Re: combine fires

Had one yesterday inside a 2388 combining 30 bu. beans.  We've been running Axial flow rotors for over 25 years and this was a first.  Just installed cover plates this year on the first 1 1/2 concaves, don't know if they helped cause this or not.

0 Kudos
ne 50
Veteran Contributor

I live in South Central Nebraska.... during the heat of the soybean harvest we've had 6 combine fires in a 4 county area here in the last 3 weeks... 5 John Deere and one International... the international I believe they said was a bearing problem... older 1460 but the John Deeres ranged from 9500, 9510 and 9770, 9650 models.. newest had 93 hours on it and all Green Machines 'burnt to the ground'.... many thinking there is a design flaw... having having had 2 machines.. 9510 and 9650 STS on fire in the last couple of years I might tend to agree... no bearings were replaced on either machine... both started in the engine compartment/ fuel tank area and both were on 'windy days'.... 3 machines this year started on 'windy days' and one not so much..... just asking..  does JD have a design problem?

0 Kudos
deucjok

Mine happened last tuesday. Was cutting 45 bu beans. It was a 9560sts. The machine is totalled,was able to turn it around ,into the wind and saved the head.

0 Kudos