cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevehink
Contributor

dewalt rechargeable batteries

Does anyone know where you can buy replacement parts for the 18 volt rechargeable dewalt batteries. I can send them away for $60 each, but if I can just buy the replacement batteries and do it myself, that would be more economical.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: dewalt rechargeable batteries

Steve..I was going to try and rebuild my own rechargeable batteries too, until I watched a video of how they do it. They have a small machine that "spot welds" the batteries and the connections they make together. It's way safer than trying to solder them...and I think the money I spent to have them re-built professionally was money well spent. I'll look on my email if I can find the link to the video and post it here.

0 Kudos
stevehink
Contributor

pupdaddy

Thanks for your input. What are you being charged for rebuilts.

0 Kudos
onebigbyrd
Veteran Contributor

i have ha some done at batteriesplus.com with good results or they have rayovac batteries a lot cheaper

0 Kudos
bigshiny
Friend

voltman.com will rebuild them for 45.00 each. They will sell you the replacement cells if you want. I had a couple repaired few months back and they work good

0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

I believe Voltman.com was the place that rebuilt mine..and I think you can see a video on their site of how they do it. The 18 volt batteries are more expensive to rebuild than the 12 volt that I had rebuilt..and they were $45 apiece. That's for a battery slightly better than the original. If you want some super quality batteries..the price goes up significantly. I have an address and phone number from another company that is rebuilding them in Perrysburg, OH. It's called Dynalite Battery 26040 Glenwood Rd. 43551. Phone # is 419-873-1706.

0 Kudos
tom s. in tn.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not telling anyone to do this mind you.......

....... but has any one ever heard of this trick ?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Revive-Nicad-Batteries-by-Zapping-with-a-Welder/

Post back any experiences.

Tom S. in Tn.

0 Kudos
nwobcw
Advisor

The dewalt owners manual says to leave a battery on the charger for 24 hrs every 10th charge to equalize the voltage across the cells.

0 Kudos