cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

give me tractor advice

I need a tractor. 50hp+. primarily to bush hog / finish mow / run a disk, and I need a front end loader.

I've got an option for 4k for a ~1963 Ford 4000 industrial with no loader. I've heard the 4000s from then couldn't really handle a loader, but I assume the industrial is built to handle it. hard to find spec differences laid out.

I think I could find a loader for $1k. no clue how much to install it. would that be a good deal?

I have 45 acres, mostly pasture but a decent bit of woods. I've lived here 9 months and only really just now getting the money up for this question to be pertinent.

aside from the deal mentioned above, what would you do to get a good tractor for 8k or less? I've considered gov auctions, seen a few decent options on eBay occasionally. I don't really know what I'm doing

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: give me tractor advice

I found a 4010 John Deere with a 148 loader already on, 80hp, $7,900 for you.  

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/190475951/1963-john-deere-4010

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, This is Mark. I'm Experts to help you in the choice of your tractor Brands and all Things About tractor.

The buyer must decide first which tractor type buys for his business like utility, loader, or for should garden, among others, that best expresses the tractor they presently own. Tractor rated by many methods such as Horsepower, Weight, Size, and Lift Capacity.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi, This is Mark. I'm Experts to help you in the choice of your tractor Brands and all Things About tractor.

A tractor is a commercial vehicle particularly intended to get across a high tractive effort at slow speeds, for the use of hauling a trailer or other farm-machineries used in agriculture or construction. In the modern agricultural era, tractors provide ease to farmers, landscapers, engineers, construction workers, and others the ability to work the land around them. Tractors offer a number of advantages on small farms as well as in regular lawn and garden work for farmers and cultivators. Without the use of tractors, the difficulty of daily field-work would increase gradually. 

0 Kudos